The home of weekend selfies and holiday scenery, Instagram is one of the most used social media sites in the world. Unique in its focus on visuals, the website is not only perfect for stalking your ex but is also an awesome channel for you to market your business. However, as is the case with every platform, there are some unspoken rules to be followed if you wish to succeed. Today, we will be discussing some of the most important do’s and don’ts that you should pay attention to if you are aiming to optimise your Instagram profile.
What to Do
- Be consistent with posting: If you want to grow your business’s profile, it is vital that you maintain a consistent posting schedule. Even if you find your initial posts don’t get much traction, we recommend you update your audience at least three times a week if you want your profile to grow.
- Engage with your followers: There’s nothing worse than a business account that simply makes a post and vanishes. By starting conversations in your comment section, you help create valuable relationships with your audience.
- Establish a unique identity: As a visual platform, Instagram is all about looks. If you want your profile to flourish, you will need to have a unique identity. One easy way to do this is to be consistent with the colours in your posts.
What Not to Do
- Don’t post too much: Spamming your audience with content will quickly ensure that they unfollow you. Keep it to a maximum of 1-3 posts a day if you find that more frequent posting is beneficial to your profile.
- Avoid irrelevant content: If you don’t have something valuable to post, it’s best to go back to the drawing board. Each post you make needs to tie back to your brand and the community you are building. Irrelevant content will never benefit your profile.
- Don’t buy your audience: It’s true, there are online services out there that you can use to buy followers. While it might make your follower count look better in the short term, users today are extremely savvy and will pick up on this deceptive practice in the long run.
There is so much more to Instagram that hasn’t been touched on here. From Reels to Stories and more, look out for more articles in the future that take a deep dive into everyone’s favourite cat meme portal.